History

The history of the city begins from the beginning of prehistoric times. Golasham, Madhya Pradesh and North-East tools are available in the Red valley and adjacent areas here. The significance of this region in the Parmar period has been invincible and graphical, in which proof is the eternal statue received from here. In Parmar period, it was of utmost importance in strategic terms.

Or, the history of Malwa district starts the confluence of archaeological remains dating back 4000 years ago. Susner, Soyakkalan, Badagaon etc. are the important centers of medieval importance, the remains of Katha culture have been found from these places. In the Mughal period, when Mandu used to be the capital of the Mughals, it was the most liked area in terms of summer migration, the Mughals used to spend the summer time here. Here the temperature of the night at night was lower than in other regions. The fame of “Shab-e-Malwa” is due to the climate of this region. At the time of Scindia state it was the status of the Department. The fort of that time is still in existence in which the court and other administrative buildings are operating. In the past it was the district status till 1956 in the state of Madhya Pradesh. After 16th August 2013, it has got status of district again. There is no wild area of ​​any reserve or protected category in the district, due to this, no special type of organisms are found here. Salariya Gau Sabhari, situated in the Susner area, is the first cow sanctuary of the state.